Driving the news: China and India are two of Russia’s biggest allies, and each salvage kept far from criticizing the Russian invasion because it began in February. Nonetheless, neither assertion referring to the lengthy-differ missile strikes contained powerful criticism of Russia’s actions.
- Mao Ning, a spokesperson for China’s Foreign places Ministry, acknowledged at a press briefing that “all international locations deserve admire for their sovereignty and territorial integrity” and that “toughen would possibly per chance well unbiased unruffled be given to all efforts which shall be conducive to peacefully resolving the crisis,” per the Cases.
- Arindam Bagchi, a spokesperson for India’s Ministry of Exterior Affairs, acknowledged “India is deeply concerned on the escalation of the battle in Ukraine, at the side of [the] focused on of infrastructure and deaths of civilians,” the Cases reported.
- The statements are the most up-to-date indicator that each international locations are continuing to distance themselves from Russia as the battle in Ukraine drags on.
- The meeting marked a cowl of diplomatic toughen for the Russian president, whilst Putin acknowledged that Beijing would possibly per chance well unbiased salvage “questions and concerns” referring to the battle, Axios’ Bethany Allen-Ebrahimian experiences.
Meanwhile, India, one in all the U.S.’s most valued companions, has except now taken a unbiased repute on Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, Axios Dave Lawler writes.
Of indicate: Belarus President Aleksandr Lukashenko introduced Monday that his nation would embark on a “joint regional neighborhood of troops” with Russia to be ready to counter “that you would possibly per chance well per chance be take into accounts aggression in opposition to our nation.”
- The announcement comes after Lukashenko attended a weekend meeting in St. Petersburg with Putin, the Cases experiences.
- Whereas it is unclear if Belarus will moreover ship troops into Ukraine to strive in opposition to alongside Russians, Lukashenko indicated to senior navy officials it shall be “more than” a thousand Russian troopers stationed in the nation, the convey-ride news company Belta reported.
- Belarus turn into previously a staging quandary for hundreds of troops right by Russia’s attack on Kyiv, which by hook or by crook turn into unsuccessful.